Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wish You Could Be On What Not To Wear?


    I use to wish for this all of the time. Although when I really think about it, I am not so interested in seeing all of my clothes going into that trash can. While I doubt all of their clothes really get the axe, what I really want is for Ted Gibson or Carmindy to get their hands on me and help me go from a before to an after!



    My hair is really short. And while I had the cut first, I am happy to share my look with Gennifer Goodwin, who recently started sporting the same 'do. I usually wear mine a little funkier, with more texture and not as sleek.


    I can do sleek and stylish, lots of texture or all out glam by gelling my hair back, ala Robert Palmer videos. But after that, I am at a bit of a loss. (And I don't really have the guts to wear it slicked back.)



    I recently had the chance to spend some time with Nicholas Molina, a master stylist at the Ted Gibson salon in Washington, DC. Nicholas just returned to the Ted Gibson Salon in DC after working with Ted, creating runway looks for New York Fashion Week. I told him how I normally wear my hair and asked for his input on a new way to show off my short hair.

    He didn't cut my hair, but in ten minutes, he gave me a totally different style that still captured my funky spirit, but was something I never would have thought of on my own. While I am not sure I can wear this daily, it is a fun option when I have a little more time to spend on my hair.

    He started by blow drying my hair, without giving me a part. Then, he used a Phyto Wax to add a little texture to the crown. Next, he took a large brush and blew the front bangs out smooth and slightly under and added a bend with a curling iron. A few quick flicks of his hands later and I had a much different style that slimmed my face and made me look a little thinner and taller. What do you think?



    While you may not be able to go on a reality tv show and find out how celeb stylist Ted Gibson sees you, you can do the next best thing and visit Nicholas or any of the amazing stylists at one of the Ted Gibson salons (DC, NYC, Florida) and make an appointment to have your hair styled. You might be surprised with how they see You. (Plus you'll get to keep your your wardrobe!)

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.