Monday, January 18, 2010

And the Gouldylox Globe Goes To:

    It's no secret award shows are like little Superbowls throughout the year for fashion and makeup junkies like myself. Despite the rain, who was my favorite face?




    I love how fresh, simple and naturally beautiful she looked. Need to get the look for yourself? Here is what Chanel artist Angela Levin used:

    “I prepped Sandra’s skin with CHANEL Hydramax + Active Cream. Her eyes were a mixture of CHANEL shadows – Silky Eyeshadow Duo in Orient-Express, and Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Trace. I then lined the eyes with CHANEL Long Lasting Eyeliner in Violine, a deep, soft purple shade. On her cheeks, I used CHANEL Tweed Blush Duo in Tweed Rose. Finally, on her lips she wore Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Beige Felin.

    I also thought Kristen Bell, Mo'Nique, Marion Cotillard and Anna Kendrick all looked amazing.

    (Mo'Nique looking radiant and happy after winning for Precious.)

    (Kristen Bell is perfect as always. I could watch Veronica Mars over and over.)

    (Marion Cotillard looks lovely. I don't know about her dress, but she gave great face.)

    (Anna Kendrick was radiant!)

    I love that the un-tanned look from the Fall is still working and that bronzer was non-existent last night. Creamy, nude skin and glistening, rimmed eyes seemed to be the big trend. Gorgeous skin played a big part in how the makeup looked - I wonder what they use?

    The trend I didn't like? Faces that couldn't make expressions or those who clearly were a little too needle happy. Age gracefully or go home, ladies! There is such a thing as too much where things like injectables are concerned.

    Who were your favorites? Tell me in the comments!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.