Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Revlon Eye Shadow Fooled Me

    I am in the mood for really bright eye shadows. Think electric blue and neon green. I saw a model on the web wearing this look* and I love it. While I ordered the powder versions of these shades from Aromaleigh, I am impatient and couldn't pass up a similarly gorgeous palette from Revlon at CVS while on a trip in Nashville.

    The colors in this palette were beautiful. Like work-of-art beautiful. I was so excited.


    Then I got to the hotel and opened the thin, black palette. They weren't powders, as I had expected, but more cream eyeshadow! I had recently gotten suckered into spending $14 on two Cover Girl Shadowblasts, which were a horrible use of my money.


    The last thing I wanted was more cream eye shadow. Don't get me wrong. I like the idea of a cream shadow, I just hate the creasing, fading and greasiness that I am now going to assume go along with cream shadows.



    Well, the colors were pretty. In the package. On my eyes, they had no color pay off. They also creased within minutes of putting them on and faded a few minutes after that. Blech. Save your money. And if you find a cream eye shadow worth checking out, let me know. I have to be honest...I am not hopeful.

    I bought this and I would like my money back.

    * photo is actually from Mythbuster Beauty. It's a great blog and you should be reading it!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.