Monday, January 18, 2010

Santa Lox Was Listening: TEMPTU Foundation


    Having a blog is fun. I get to meet fun people and do things I may not always get to do. Turns out, it is a great tool for dropping holiday hints to my husband. And unless he had to wear a helmet as a child*, there was no way he could have missed the fact that I wanted a TEMPTU airbrush for the holidays. Especially since my banter about it bordered on obsessive.

    I was craving airbrushed foundation and it is going to be a BIG TREND this year. Those two facts smushed together mean I NEED an airbrush. Which is where the whole having a blog-your-husband-reads-thing comes in handy during the holidays.

    I was thrilled to unwrap the TEMPTU airbrush for Christmas. TEMPTU certainly isn't the only airbrush on the market. But it is the only really accessible airbrush I have seen. It's accessible because it is sold through Sephora, which in many towns is second only to Starbucks. They have a ton of foundation choices, a few blushes, bronzers and highlighters to choose from. Plus it claims to give you a flawless face and I need that.

    While on a TV shoot recently, I stopped into the 5th Ave Sephora and was lucky enough to chat with the TEMPTU rep. She color matched me and told me that she was hopeful more colors and other products would be released in 2010. That makes me happy because it is really my only complaint with TEMPTU; four blushes do not a blush palette make for me. However, I do love the soft peach blush. It's gorgeous. And when coupled (tripled?) with the champagne highlighter and bronzer, I am able to almost sculpt some nice cheekbones. I think this is where practice will eventually make perfect.


    I love the foundation. It's not matte, it's not dewy, it's somewhere in-between. I prefer a light to medium amount of coverage and like how it looks. It takes me about 1 minute to put on the foundation and another two minutes to do the blush. It would take less if the design of the pods wasn't so rounded and slippery. While I don't look flawless, I think I could look flawless if was willing to go a little heavier on the coverage. But I also like my skin to show through a bit, so I guess I am left to compromise.



    While the overall price of the unit may deter some users, I am having a hard time using the other products I need to test because I am having so much fun playing with the airbrush. My only complaint (besides lack of blush colors)? The foundation has an extended dry down time. I often find myself stippling my foundation with a liquid foundation brush to makes sure my inexperienced airbrush hand covered everything evenly and to help speed the dry down. All in all, I LOVE this. Thanks Loxy!

    Update: A few people requested photos of how it looks on the skin. Check it out!







    Have you thought about picking this up? Love the airbrushed look but are on the fence? Tell me in the comments!


    *Mr. Lox did wear a helmet as a child. I am not trying to be disparaging to people who did wear helmets as children (my co-worker did as well and you know I love you.). I really just wanted to work in that he wore a helmet. He is proud of this fact and often asks why I haven't figured out a way to incorporate this into a blog post. Ta Da, Loxy! In reality, he has a eye tumor and getting hit in the head with a ball was a constant fear of his Mom. Lucky for both of them, he was terrible at sports** and balls being thrown at him was unlikely since he didn't play sports. However, that fact was not considered when his helmet wearing was determined. To be continued....

    **Proofreader's note: Mr. Lox is not good at "throwing or catching" sports. He is an avid cyclist and paddle-er. He also enjoys hiking and getting ready to cycle. He is also very manly, despite proofreading a beauty blog daily.

    I was given the TEMPTU airbrush by my husband and my Mom scored me some foundation. I then purchased the other color products.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.