Thursday, January 21, 2010

Another Beauty Pro Weighs In On the Sunscreen Question

    So far my research relating to Dr. Neal Schultz's claim that sunscreen should be applied last has yielded slightly varying results. I was able to get in touch briefly with Jan Marini, a respected national skin care authority who has dedicated more than three decades to researching and developing new and innovative skin care technologies. Jan is also the creator of one of my all time favorite products, The AntiOxidant Daily Face Protectant, a sunscreen with an SPF of 30.

    Jan said, "hands down, sunscreen goes last. If you were to put it on first, it would likely dilute the tenacity of the sunscreen."

    Considering reducing the effectiveness of my sunscreen is the last thing I want to do, I am sticking with applying my sunscreen last.

    Thank you to everyone who has spent time explaining the science behind this and weighing in with your theories. There is a lot more that goes into the science of being beautiful - I only wished I had paid more attention in chemistry.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.