Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bare Escentuals RareMinerals Active Treatment Eye Cream

    Yup. I have some serious crow's feet. I am not happy about it. The areas around my eyes are also very dry and as a result often look more crinkly than they need to. So I have been looking for eye treatments that can help me look refreshed, hydrated and younger. I'm 36 - do I really need to worry about looking younger yet? That, I suppose, is a different topic for a different day.
    I was excited when Bare Escentuals asked me to try their new RareMinerals Active Treatment Eye Cream. I have tried their RareMinerals Skin Revival Night Time Treatment and in all honesty, it didn't do a lot for me. After not seeing any results after about three weeks, I decided to move on to the next product. I have since asked several boutique employees what their opinion of the product is and they all say the same thing: their skin improved slowly over time and was most noticeable when they stopped using the treatment.

    I was excited to try the eye cream. My skin is very dry in the winter months due to the cold weather and indoor heat. I hate having drier than usual skin and was hoping this would be an emollient cream that might soothe the delicate skin under my eyes.

    I used the Treatment Eye Cream every morning and every evening for four weeks, on one eye. (More to come on why the one eye later.) I really liked how the product felt and how hydrating it was. It added a little bit of brightening where it was applied, which was nice, especially in the evening, when I don't wear makeup. I think Mr. Lox likes it when I look refreshed at the end of a long day instead of dog tired.

    This under eye cream didn't change my world as far as my crow's feet are concerned, but only a few things have really knocked my socks off yet in that department. If you are looking for a miracle cream in a bottle to fix your serious under eye problems, this may not work for you.

    However, if you are on the younger side and looking for something to hydrate the delicate skin under your eye, this may be perfect for you.

    Need it? Get it at Sephora and Ulta in February. Can't wait? It's available on the Q right now.

    Have you tried this? What did you think? Tell me in the comments.

    Bare Escentuals sent me the Eye Cream for the purposes of review. I purchased the RareMinerals Night Treatment at Ulta last year. And I still use the mirror on the top of the container.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.