Monday, August 17, 2009

Glowelle: You Might Find This Addictive.


    Everyone wants that radiant glowing-from-within-look. When I recently did makeup for a wedding, the phrase that kept getting repeated was that they wanted to look "lit from within". Who doesn't want to look that way? Poor diet, not enough sleep and a bad day can make that glow start to fade.




    However, a group of beauty-conscious women at Nestle's wanted to change that. They wanted to give you a way to obtain beauty though nutrition. So together, they created Glowelle, a drink that would help make you more beautiful from the inside out. They had a really big idea based on a few rules:

    1. Create a beverage with natural ingredients. No artificial preservatives, flavors, sweeteners or colors allowed.

    2. Include research-backed, skin-beautifying ingredients.

    3. Select the best ingredients and test for authenticity, potency and efficacy.

    4. Put amounts of these ingredients into the products that have been shown to work.

    One serving of the Glowelle mix I tested included only 50 calories and the equivalent of the Selenium found in 2 servings of salmon, the Quercetin found in 25 apples, the Vitamin E found in 108 almonds and the Lutien found in 8 cups of romaine lettuce. This drink is packed with antioxidants - more so than many Berry Drinks found in health food stores. But the big question is: does it work?

    I tested Glowelle for a week. I am really lucky to have nice skin to start with, but a friend who recently moved back from Tennessee actually said, "you look like you are glowing", which forced me to run into the kitchen and present Glowelle to her, using my best Vanna-hands. I tested the Pomegrante Lychee flavor. Here's the honest truth. I think this flavor leaves a lot to be desired. It has a very bitter aftertaste. As usual, I like to play, "Hey! I dare you to taste this" with my co-workers and Mr. Lox. Here were their reactions to the Pomegrante/Lychee flavor:




    Mr. Lox: "Hey this is really good. Wait. UGH! What is this? It was good. What is happening? Is this real life?"

    Jess.I.E: " I touched my tongue to the spoon. I can't do more than that."

    Tennesse Lizzie: "I really like this. What is the big deal? It's not that bitter."

    Sarah: "Are you crazy? No way am I drinking that."

    JoJo: "YUM! I love this. Where can I get it? Are they doing a testing in Baltimore? I'm not kidding, stop laughing at me! I love this! It tastes great!"

    I found that either adding a bit of Splenda (which adds artificial chemicals) or adding a bit of Agave syrup changes the taste entirely and I rather like it that way. I have also tested the Raspberry Jasmine flavor and found that it also had a slightly bitter aftertaste. However, it wouldn't stop me from drinking it (especially after a little agave syrup).

    After drinking it for 7 days, I did feel noticeably better. I can't really describe it, other than to say I felt lighter and happier. My skin looked really nice. Other women have reported their skin looked younger, more hydrated and brighter. I asked super friend Xina, a holistic natural health practitioner (whose knowledge is really coming in handy lately) what she thought. "I like that there is not a lot of sugar, which is where drinks like this fall apart. There are no chemical flavors which is also a good thing. This contains all good for you antioxidants, I would be interested to check this out."




    I work in advertising and I can tell you I have seen many a product where the enthusiasm stops once you pass the first glossy page. From start to finish, these ladies are excited about this product and want to share it with you and it shows. They are confident they have something special. From free tastings, a calendar to mark how Glowelle is working and new ways and recipes to drink it to the really nice packaging, the people that launched this product believe in it.

    Glowelle isn't cheap. It's about $40 for a week's supply of the powder mix and $120 for a month's worth. You can also pick up the pre-made drinks, which have double the calories (and cost a little more). While this could be a budget-breaker, everyone I talked with about the product said they would gladly give up their Starbucks habit to have glowing skin. The best part? You can probably check out Glowelle for free at one of their tastings happening everywhere. You can also jump right in and purchase Glowelle at Neimans or online.

    In an effort to be a fair judge, since I am always trying new skin care products, I also asked enthusiastic work pal Jojo to try a week of Glowelle. Here are her thoughts:

    I was nervous the first time I went to take a sip because I had heard that others didn’t like the taste. But in the name of beauty, I closed my eyes and down the hatch it went! To my pleasant surprise, I not only tolerated the taste, but I really like it. It reminded me of fruit punch with a small bitter finish. Now I was super pumped because I liked the taste and I knew that there were tons of antioxidants in one glass that I wouldn’t normally get in a single day. Every morning for seven says I faithfully had my Glowelle drink with breakfast. I noticed after two days that my skin felt softer. I normally have somewhat dry skin and now it felt more nourished. After four days I felt better all over. I really love Glowelle and what it is doing for my skin and over health. I look forward to my drink with breakfast and will continue to use Glowelle as long as I can afford it. It’s all about prioritizing your spending and trust me, Glowelle should be a priority.

    Have you tried it? What did you think?

    If you want to look better naturally, check this out!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.