Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mr. Lox Gets Lush.

    Mr. Lox needs my help. Usually, he needs my help to do his hair in the morning. He turns to me, with a giant piece of his hair swirl (it literally grows in a crop circle on his head) standing straight up and says, "FIX!" Although one day, Loxy said, "you have such pretty skin. I want pretty skin, too."

    Now, while I doubt he is willing to add some eye cream and use an eye lash growth stimulator to help frame his cutie-pie eyes, I figured he was good for something more than bar soap. I then enlisted the help of Lush, a British company that creates really fresh and good-for-you products. They don't test on animals and many of their products are vegan-friendly. Most of their products have expiration dates and are made in kitchens, in large batches, instead of in factories by machines. You can buy their soap (most of it) in whatever size hunk you want and their staff is great at answering questions about ingredients, should you not understand why something like charcoal is actually good for oily skin. They believe in their products being honest and that their honesty extends beyond their marketing materials. They just want to make their mums proud.

    I described Loxy's skin to the fine folks at Lush as prone to breakouts and black heads. They created a plan to give Loxy his very own pretty man skin.

    First, on his plan to get pretty man skin, Lush "prescribed" Dark Angels soap. Dark Angels soap is a natural, anti-bacterial cleanser in the form of Rhassoul mud which they buy direct from the mines in Morocco's Atlas Mountains. Powdered charcoal absorbs oil as it gives you a good scrub. Its firm approach is balanced by soothing rosewood and sandalwood essential oils to keep your skin soft. It's also vegan.



    Secondly, he is supposed to use Tea Tree Water toner to help banish blemishes and calm inflamed pores. This special spray toner tightens pores and lifts away dirt and oil so skin can breathe.

    Finally, he follows up with Enzymion moisturizing lotion, which contains papaya and lemon to eliminate excess shine on your face, and organic cold-pressed oils to soften your skin. This one is also made from vegan-friendly ingredients. Because this doesn't contain an SPF, I instructed Mr. Lox to add his favorite UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum sunscreen during the day.

    After three weeks of doing this facial routine two times a day, how does Loxy look? From my perspective, his skin looks much more even toned and the breakouts are way under control. Now he only has one or two breakouts every now and then. Before using Lush, he had several each week. His pores also look cleaner and while you can't really shrink pores, a clean pore certainly looks smaller. His skin looks more radiant and less dull. What does Mr. Lox think?

    "My face feels nice and clean. It's not oily or icky, but doesn't feel tight and itchy, either. I like it. I also enjoyed singing about my new skin care products while my wife was trying to talk on the phone to someone about serious things."

    I think that is a rave. Loxy?

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.