Monday, August 3, 2009

Mixology Mineral Makeup: These colors make me blush!


    As a blogger, I am lucky enough to occasionally get the scoop on great stuff you may not know about. I love mineral makeup and even more, I love discovering lesser known brands that really deliver.

    Mixology is just such a mineral makeup company. I originally heard about them because of the volunteer work they are doing. As I have mentioned over and over, I think volunteerism is an incredibly important part of our society. At Mixology, founder Rae, believes in the importance of volunteering so much, not only are 5% of her sales going towards the purchase of a Water Well in Africa, but Rae herself is currently volunteering in China, teaching women and children. A purchase from Mixology supports her efforts on two continents.

    Mixology was recently recognized by Second City Style as being a fierce competitor in the 2009 Beauty Olympics, competing neck to neck with super brands like Bare Escentuals and Nars.

    I love playing with color, especially cheek color. The right color gives you the ethereal look of a vestal virgin, the sculpted cheekbones of a super model or radiant gleam of an outdoor maven. Mixology, fresh off of their Olympic win, was eager to share a few of their cheek colors.



    Just Peachy: This is a soft peachy/coral with a hint of glow. I loved this color; it made my complexion come alive.



    Ingenue:This blush gives a pearlescent glow in a soft rose with slight peach undertones. It's Rae's personal favorite and I can see why. It is very soft and the peach and rose compliment each other perfectly with just a slight touch of glow.



    Pop: Pop is a really fun soft pink shade that is almost like candy for your face. The pic is definitely brighter than the actual shade, which is softer. Like the name implies, it makes your cheek bones seriously stand out!



    Radiate Illuminizer: This one is one of my favorites. It's is beautiful sheen that can be worn alone or added to any blush to make your skin look, well radiant. It looks especially beautiful with Just Peachy or Ingenue. I don't think the picture does it justice as it is much lighter and quite sheer.
    The picture below is closer to how it wears.



    The blushes retail for $12 for 20 grams and the Illuminizer is $14 for 20 grams. They hold up all day, which is a welcome change from other blushes I have tried recently. They look healthy, natural and support volunteer work in Africa and China. What's not to love?

    I love it! Please check them out!


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.