Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Klorane Conditioning Balm

    As I previously mentioned, I color my hair a lot. While I keep it really short most of the time (think old school Charlize Theron or Sharon Stone), it still gets damaged and dried out, so I am always on the look out for a shampoo, conditioner and treatment products to help make the most of my stressed out tresses.

    I had heard about a new product by Klorane that used pomegranate tannins to help bind the hair color to the hair shaft. I understand how shampoos and products can strip hair color and how you can avoid it, but I have never tried using what gives fruit its acidity a chance at maintaining my hair color. Naturally, I was curious to learn more.

    According to Klorane, here is how it works:


    KLORANE pomegranate extract:

    Since Ancient and Egyptian times, the pomegranate has been the fruit of fertility and good luck par excellence. KLORANE pomegranate extract is rich in tannins and so highly astringent. This gives it the ability to fix color on keratin, so the color lasts even longer.


    Proven effectiveness:

    These color-fixing properties are reinforced by protective, repairing and nourishing active agents. With its gentle cleaning base, KLORANE Beautifying shampoo with pomegranate extract repairs the hair fiber and keeps hair color radiant for longer.



    I tried Klorane's Color-Enhancing Conditioning Balm with Pomegranate Extract. This product added a nice sheen to my hair and gave it some light styling hold and a tiny bit of texture. I used this product on wet hair and let my hair dry. It looked fabulous and saved me oodles of time. This Conditioning Balm definitely helped keep my hair conditioned and soft. It didn't have a strong odor, which I always appreciate. I tried the shampoo and conditioner, which worked fine on my color-treated hair. My hair color did fade slightly, but it always does. It's red. That is just the way it worked. However, the Conditioning Balm earned a place in my styling aid arsenal!


    Have you tried Klorane? What did you think?





    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.