Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara


    I was recently found myself at home on the Fourth of July and got hooked watching Saturday Night Beauty on QVC. The item that brought my to my knees and had me at the door of Sephora at 11:59am Sunday morning was Tarte' Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara. I know, I am late to this party, but better late than never, right? You can watch part of the QVC presentation here, just click the video tab.

    This mascara contains some form of rice bran wax, which allegedly makes it puff up and makes your lashes look thicker, longer and even add curl. It is perhaps best known for coming in a faux croc case, which is cute, but I could easily live without. It claims to make your lashes thicker by 430%, which sounds insane. But it looked so good on QVC, I ran out Sunday morning and picked it up.

    After trying it out, it is undeniable that my lashes are mucho thicker than without mascara. It doesn't clump, but because it makes my recently less-teensy lashes so thick, it borderlines on looking like false lashes. That said, I think if I used a clean mascara brush and combed it out first, it could look perfect. You don't really need more than one coat and it does make my lashes curl and stay that way all day. It is definitely more expensive than I would normally spend on mascara, but it does work shockingly well. If you want pa-pow lashes that could almost pass for fake, this is the mascara for you.

    I really like this! Definitely check this out.

    Save 40% off your Tarte purchase when you use checkout code FF09, good only until 8/24/09

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.