Monday, August 10, 2009

Oprah and I Are Undeniably Almost Exactly the Same

    Here's Why:

    1. We have both worked in Baltimore.

    2. We both yo-yo diet.

    3. We both like dogs a lot.

    4. We are both better at giving advice than taking it.

    5. We both change our hair more often than the average gal.

    6. We both work in television.

    7. We both know Anne-Marie S. and Nic S. (who are not related to each other, but have both worked for Oprah)

    8. We both sometimes slip into that voice when we say "girlfriend".

    9. We have both used the fax number at the Harpo Office.

    10. Kai Body Butter is one of our favorite things.I recently discovered the Kai line when I placed an order from b-glowing.com, one of the nicest and fastest online retailers I have run into lately. I had received a sample of Kai's signature scent with an order, and the scent literally blew my mind. It reminded me of being a young child, playing near a patch of gardenia in a strangely comforting olfactory kind of sensory experience way. I had been looking for that exact essence for years, coming close a few times with a Crabtree & Evelyn and Benefit fragrance. But this one is different. It smells pure, with no alcohol or chemical smell. Just like gardenia in the sunshine, with a bit of exotic white flowers. Everywhere I go, people stop to me ask if I am indeed wearing an amazing fragrance, what on earth is it and more importantly, where can they can get it.


    Kai makes a whole line of products scented with this fantastic aroma of exotic white flowers and tropical gardenia, including a Body Butter, which I can't seem to get enough of. This creamy, hydrating body butter soothes dry skin and imparts this delicious fragrance in a way that adds to to the perfume, without overpowering the scent. After having it for a few days, I can't imagine not starting my day with this body butter. This fragrance was originally created to recapture the scents remembered from vacationing in Hawaii as a youth. I love that I am not alone in being transported to a different time when I smell Kai.

    And for what it's worth, Oprah really did name it one of her Favorite Things, her list of all things fabulous that you can't live without.

    Oprah and I couldn't agree more. You have to check this out.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.