Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In Honor of Shark Week: Payot Paris Cristaux Mineraux / Relaxing Bath Salts




    One of my recent infatuations is with a French Beauty Company, Payot. Payot is a luxe brand and their products seem to have a fantastic signature scent. Fancy fact I didn't know, L'espace Payot is the most chic spa in all of Paris. It is so chic, only members are allowed to go. I recently reviewed their Dry Oil Spray and while I liked its hydrating abilities, I really loved the scent. Turns out, I am not alone. I am getting compliments left and right on this scent. The best part is that is lasts ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT.

    As previously mentioned, I don't take baths. It's a shark thing. We discussed it. I need to get over it and can't. I can still appreciate a quality bath product. I just can't test them. That's why I have really brave girlfriends who do take baths. Thank goodness I do, because I would hate to deprive anyone of a chance to soak up the scent of Payot Cristaux Mineraux in the tub.

    This time, work-pal Lindsay and Karma Dogs Co-Founder Bridget were kind enough to bathe in the luxury that is Payot Cristaux Mineraux. Here are their thoughts:

    First, a bit about Lindsay. Lindsay is an amazing artist who also works at an ad agency with me. Plus she rocks the best cat eye daily of anyone I have ever met. Here is what she thought:

    I'll tell you what, that bath salt couldn't have come on a better day! After 3 days of vending at Artscape I was beat by the time Monday came. I did make it in to work, but was in total zombie form. That is when I noticed the Payot Bath Salts on my desk. I was pleasantly surprised just by the fragrance, I couldn't wait to get home and take a relaxing bath. As soon as I finished my work, out the door I went. So my first impression of the smell was good, but once I opened the bag I found it to be really strong and that scared me a little. I was afraid it was going to be suffocating in the tub, but I was wrong. Mixing it with the water made it really mellow and allowed for it to be a relaxing bath. The scent is not what you would expect from a bath salt, most of them tend to be that soothing smell of lavender and eucalyptus, but this was a sweet fragrance. It smelled more like a cottony perfume which was a nice surprise. The best part about this bath salt was that scent really soaked into my skin. I didn't notice that my skin felt really soft after using it, but it certainly smelled nice. In fact today, even after taking a shower I still can smell light traces of it. I liked that it lingered after my bath, because it kept me in a relaxed mood.

    Bridget is a special ed teacher who helped me found Karma Dogs three years ago. She is a connoisseur of bath taking (the opposite of me). She also loved the smell and thought the bath was very relaxing. She didn't notice a huge amount of softening, but she wasn't really looking for that. She liked how the smell stayed with her after the bath was over and was thrilled that it didn't leave an oily film in her tub that required a cleaning after the bath.


    Both testers give Payot Paris Cristaux / Relaxing Bath Salts a thumbs up! Check it out!





    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.