Saturday, August 8, 2009

Things I Want (but can't get, just yet)

    As a cosmetics obsessed blogger, I see things all of the time that if money were no object, I would snatch up in a second. However, since money does matter, I am told I need to limit myself and am currently on a self-imposed makeup spending probation. Ugh. That doesn't mean you should be. I really want to check out these products. Tell me if you have tried them. Love them? Hate them? Want your money back?


    Kate Somerville Exfolikate: I love Kate's products in general. Quench changed my skin for the way better. A few coworker pals dove in and bought Exfolikate and their skin looks radiant. I know you only use it for a few SECONDS or minutes, for those who can take the burn. Can something you use for that short of a period of time make a difference? I so want to find out. Have you used it? What do you think?


    Cargo Palette: How cute is this? Cargo isn't really on my radar, but this new palette looks adorable. I love the sweater textures for fall. Too kitschy? Must have? It's available at Sephora any second. I really need to investigate this...

    BE Eye Lining Kit: I am so curious about these brushes! Why do you need three removable brush heads for eye lining? My question is, WHY DON'T YOU? It comes with an adorable pouch and two colors, one of which is a dark gray/black with sparkles. I really want to see how sturdy these brushes are and if they work. I keep eyeing them up online. Have you tried them?



    Tarte ReCreate Foundation: This foundation has some really big claims. I got a sample from Sephora, but the color was all wrong. Darn you pale, pale skin! I love the idea of multi-tasking products to make your skin healthier with less wrinkles. I just wonder if you really see these results with their Wrinkle Rewind Technology. This one is pretty high on my list of things I think I might need to obtain. Thoughts?

    BE Crash Course Kit: I really like Bare Escentuals, if you haven't noticed. While I don't collect all of the kits, some of them really intrigue me. This Crash Course kit is the best value in a kit they have had in some time - it's $22! You get the amazing Flawless Definition (1 of my 2 favorite mascaras, period) and the Wild Honey lip gloss in a mini size, which is a must have. But what I really want is the eye shadow that comes in the kit. It looks like a combo of colors like Soft Gray and Drama. It's similar to the lighter gray that came in my favorite kit of all time, Rocker Eye, but it has a little more purple action, while still being gray. I hope this color becomes permanent, mainly because I already own everything in the kit. Have you tried this color? Is it as great as I think?

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.