Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Get Your Glow On - Beautisol

    Over the summer, I tried out several self-tanners and wrote about a few that worked. It turns out I have an odd skin thing that prevents some self-tanners from actually working on my skin. Weird. If only my skin had some other super power, like banishing dryness or glowing non-stop, I would be really proud. Instead I am just a little embarrassed when I have to tell some really nice company that their awesome self-tanner was laughed at by my pasty legs.



    One company to reach out to me was Beautisol (formerly Antidote Skin). They take tanning very seriously. The owner of the company, Sinead Norenius, even contacted me directly to help me figure out why other tanners weren't working or why they were streaking long before she told me about her own line. The cool thing about Sinead? She never spoke ill about any of the other companies whose products I tested and liked (or didn't and never really wrote about). She just loves to tan, in the safest way possible.

    That is why she created the Beautisol line. This line is free of self-tanners that smell, that contain parabens and that ruin your manicure. Their self-tanning kits make tanning easy. Even for klutzes like me.

    Here is what you get in an Antidote Skincare Sunless All Seasons Glow Self Tanning Kit:

    Rubber Gloves (so key and genius)
    Go Slough Yourself Scrub (use with caution, this is serious stuff)
    All Season Glow Self Tanning Lotion (one to two applications is all it takes)

    Sinead recommends using the Go Slough Yourself Scrub before tanning. I have to say I adore this scrub. That said, if you are a delicate little flower, GO EASY with this stuff. It is a serious scrub and the white, nicely scented lotion is decieving. There are teeny little scrubbers in here that will work wonders.

    Afterwards, I decided to forego any lotion and started to tan. The lotion is somewhat pigmented so you can see what you are doing. It doesn't have to look perfect - as long as you are covered, you will be good to go. Then wait a few minutes and get dressed. Voila! Several hours later, your tan will develop and you will look bronze and gorgeous. And there isn't a hint of nasty self-tanner smell! My tan lasted several days before it needed to be refreshed. If you aren't dark enough the first time, you can use this kit to build a natural looking tan over a few days.

    Just because the seasons change doesn't mean you have to lose all of that summer sun look. And with 6 full body applications in one kit, this sunless tanner is budget friendly. If you still aren't sure how to successfully apply sunless tanning lotion, check out the how to videos. It couldn't be easier!

    Skip the sun, not the sunless tanner. Check it out!

    This product was sent to me for the purposes of review.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.