Monday, October 26, 2009

Prove It! RoC Multi Correxion Skin Perfecting System


    The Claims:
    RoC, one of the anti-aging leaders in French skin care, recently launched a new skincare system that promises fewer lines and wrinkles, a more even tone and texture, visibly reduced photo damage and more radiant skin, all within two weeks. This three-part system contains products only available in this kit. They include patent-pending ingredients that showed very quick results in clinical trials.

    This kit includes a Daily Perfecting Cleanser, a combination cleanser and scrub that claims to allow the unique ingredients to penetrate deeper into the skin. It also contains a Daily Perfecting Creme with a UVA/UVB SPF 30 sunscreen. This daily moisturizer contains active soy proteins and silk pearls that allow light to bounce off of the skin, giving the appearance of more radiant, younger looking skin. The third component is an Intensive Night Concentrate for Face and Eyes, which has Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid to help plump and smooth the skin. These three items are only available in this kit. RoC's Multi-Correxion Skin Perfecting System is available in drugstores and Ultas everywhere and retails for $49.99.

    The Test:
    I tested this RoC kit for two weeks. Normally, before I review a skin care line, I use the products for 4-6 weeks to try to get a truer result. However, RoC themselves put the restrictions on my test, so I will play by their rules. I used the cleanser twice a day and the day creme during the day and the night creme each night.

    I have to say that RoC's retinol products are some of the best you can buy at the drugstore and are always budget friendly. They are packaged in a way that keeps the ingredients stable, which I love. I do find a little fault that they are marketing a night creme as a two in one product for both eyes and face. Unless you have a serious under eye problem, anyone who appreciates the idea of not wasting money would tell you to use whatever you use on your face on your eyes as well. Tons of companies try to sell almost identical creams for the face and eye area separately, so maybe I should be giving them kudos for acknowledging you can use the same product for both?

    I really liked the cleanser. I like how it contains exfoliating little scrubby doodads that aren't rough, but aren't ridiculously gentle. It felt like my skin got really clean and was left a little smoother after each wash.

    The day creme felt very rich, without feeling greasy or heavy and my skin seemed to drink in the moisture. The photo stable broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection is very nice as well.

    The night creme felt very smooth and dried down to a satiny finish. I woke up to refreshed looking skin and did not experience a single breakout when using this kit.

    But the question is, did it noticeably improve my skin in two weeks? I have to say that I don't think many products will change your skin in two weeks. Perhaps a few acne treatments might, but to fade photo damage or change the texture of your skin, two weeks isn't very much time. This is a very nice skin system and if you have a lot of fine lines, I believe the retinol in this product will be helpful in plumping the skin to reduce the appearance of those lines.

    I have quite a bit of photo damage. I don't think this product lightened my darker sunspots noticeably. But I do think that with continued use, the lighter sunspots will continue to get lighter.

    The results:
    If you expect this kit to give you a porcelain complexion in two weeks, you aren't going to get it (and are slightly delusional if you believe you could). However, this is an effective kit for the money, very budget-friendly. With time, you will definitely see results. I really liked how the Daily Perfecting Creme looked on my skin and I loved how it felt. I'm not sure about noticing big changes within two weeks, but within several weeks, the mirror won't let you down, provided your expectations are realistic.

    Did RoC Prove It in my opinion?

    This kit may not give you all new skin in two weeks, but it does contain effective ingredients that will work, if given slightly more time than two weeks. It is definitely worth checking out if anti-aging products are on your radar. Even better, save $10 on the system by clicking here.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.