Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mally Beauty Lash Illusion Liners

    I have been spending a lot of time lately, checking out liners that will work for the inner rim of the eye, the waterline. Some go on really nicely, some melt away and some can stay on like rock stars. But more on those later. In the meantime, I came across a liner that is slightly different from your normal pencil liner. It's still a pencil, it's still a black liner, but it's different from all of your other pencils.

    Mally Beauty Lash Illusion Liner is a teeny, tiny pencil that is to be used to fill in spaces between your lashes, giving you a fuller lash line without looking like you're wearing liner. It's a time honored makeup artist trick, one you probably have been reading about since you were 15. You know the one: "gently dot right along your lash line and then connect the dots, making sure to stay right inbetween your lashes." And probably, like me, you tried. I tried for hours to make the dots work without looking like I was wearing liner. The problem? ALL pencils are too thick to make a line that isn't noticeable (see below for regular pencil "dots" vs. Mally).

    My hands aren't steady enough to pull that off with a liquid liner and skinny brush, so it never worked for me. I can't get enough eyeshadow pigment on a tiny brush to make a noticeable difference.

    Mally Beauty's Lash Illusion is a little pencil that does the job perfectly. How tiny is tiny? We are talking three-of-them-can-fit-in-the-width-of-my-middle-finger tiny. They are very pigmented and easy to use. You get two black/brown liners in a cute little case and luckily, they come with their own sharpener. Mally (makeup artist to super-performers like Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna and Mary J. Blige) suggests you hold the pencil up and down, perpendicular to your lash line and gently dot along your lashes, filling them in. While I can't seem to manage to do that, I have no problem just getting between my lashes and filling them in. This pencil specifically kicks butt for the lower lashes, where you can easily line lightly in between the lash line. You won't look like you are wearing eye liner, while making your eyes pop. It's a great trick, but you can only do it with this pencil (I am sure a pro can do it with something else, but I can't!). For $20, plus shipping from the Q, you'll get 2 pencils, the case and the sharpener. You have to have these little pencils in your bag of tricks. Especially if you don't like to wear a lot of makeup, these give your eyes some kick without looking like you are trying too hard.
    I love them. Check them out!





    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.