Thursday, October 8, 2009

Interview with Leslie Blodgett of Bare Escentuals


    I recently had the pleasure of meeting mineral makeup icon Leslie Blodgett, the CEO of Bare Escentuals. Leslie was making an appearance at an Ulta, where hundreds of fans gathered to meet her and have makeup artists give them a Bare Escentuals Makeunder. In case you don't already know, Leslie has been at the helm of Bare Escentuals since 1994, making it one of the most successful brands of cosmetics on shelves today, the number one beauty brand sold at Ulta, Sephora and QVC.


    Bare Escentuals is one of my favorite brands, for many reasons. Partially because of an emotional connection I made to the brand, but more so because of their amazing selection of colors, quality of products and never ending line of new mineral goodies. But the best part is how wearable the products are on so many people. Every woman can look fabulous every day, easily with these products. They aren't intimidating like other "haute couture" cosmetics companies. Bare Escentuals is about every woman looking great naturally, every day.

    Not surprisingly, meeting Leslie was like chatting with a girlfriend. With so many questions, what to ask first?

    (The Surprise Collection and The Happiness Collection shown above)

    GR: What products are you really excited about this season?


    LB: I am really excited about our bareMinerals foundation for life Get Lucky ticket promotion. We have three kits, The Surprise Collection (Bare Escentuals Boutiques), The Happiness Collection (Sephora) and The Jewel Collection (Ulta ) that all have a very special ticket inside. Three of these kits have wonderful tickets inside that will give the winner our foundation for life! It's like that movie with the chocolate factory for BareEscentuals fans. Plus each kit is full of amazing products.(Envy Eyeshadow pictured above)

    GR: What is your favorite eyeshadow color?

    LB: We have so many, it's impossible for me to choose! Although since you asked me to, I'll pick Envy. It's one of the first colors I created and I still love to use it today. It's a beautiful light green shimmer that looks great on everyone.


    GR: What is your favorite trend of the season?

    LB: There are so many trends right now and they are all so striking. I love the look of a really red, vampy lip, but it is really hard to pull off frequently. I only personally wear that once a month, when I have somewhere special to go. However, I love to find ways to make the trends work for real women everyday. For example, the red lip. Try a peachy gloss underneath a red lipstick for an everyday, wearable red lip. I really love Buxom Lip Polish in Eva paired with the Buxom Lip Stick in Barcelona. It's creamy, glossy and just red enough.


    (Eva Buxom Lip Polish and Barcelona Lip Stick)

    Check back tomorrow to find out what some of Leslie's favorite makeup tips are (including one that I would have never thought of, but has changed my look, so to speak.)

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.