Friday, October 2, 2009

How I Got Great Nails

    My nails stink. They usually look terrible, complete with dry, ragged cuticles, hangnails and uneven nail lengths. I took pictures, but decided to spare you. Trust me, you don't want to see my before pics. Sometimes, my nails don't look so bad, but that doesn't usually last for more than a few weeks. However, I have recently come up with a treatment plan that has given me nice nails for more than a month, which has to be some kind of a personal record.

    Here's what worked for me:

    1. Use a cuticle remover to remove excess cuticle - don't give in to the urge to trim them. Be sure to use a softening lotion and gently push back the remaining cuticle.

    2. Buff your nails so they are smooth without ridges and slightly shiny. While opinions differ, I think eliminating the ridges helped to make my nails slightly stronger.

    3. Apply a cuticle oil every night, before bed.



    4. Apply Duri's Rejuvacote to nails. This polish is formulated with keratin and calcium to help strengthen your nails from the inside out. It also works with your body's chemistry to stimulate growth, making them more flexible, which lessens the chance of breakage.


    5. Treat your hands to a ritual scrub and serum with Talika's Hand Ritual Kit two to three times per week. This kit includes a hand scrub full of oils and Vitamin C to exfoliate, soften and erase the signs of aging from your hands. This scrub leaves your hands enveloped in a hydrating mask, which I can only compare to a paraffin without the wax. After you have scrubbed (and honestly, every day if you want), add a few drops of the serum to your hands. This serum includes Orange Essential Oils, Vitamin C, Seaweed Padine and sunscreen. I like to go to bed after using this scrub, so my hands can really absorb the benefits of this hydrating treatment.

    At the end of my month of dedicated nail rejuvenation, my hands look soft and pretty, my nails are without a hangnail in sight. My digits have never looked better!



    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.