Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Have Math Skillz: Stila One Step Makeup

    I get complaints from some of my girlfriends that they wish I recommended more budget-friendly items. While I can defend expensive products (especially skin care) until the cows come home, I totally understand wanting something that works with enough pocket change left to rent a movie (or actually go out, if you are the polar opposite of me). So for all of my friends who are hankering for a budget-friendly wonder product, you're welcome.

    Stila's One Step Makeup is amazing. This light, almost mousse-like foundation is a primer, concealer, foundation and powder in one little super-can. It retails for $44, which could be saving you upwards of $131 or lo-wards (made it up, go with it, please) of $9*. Either way, by using it, you are a minimum of $9 richer. It does have a downside though, no sunscreen. So please don't forget to include that in your skin care routine.

    This foundation comes out of the can, slightly mousse-y, but still sturdy enough to actually cover a few things. You do not need to use a primer with this foundation. I accidentally did once and trust me, the primer built into this formula is enough to make your face stay in place.

    It gives your skin a dewy, radiant finish and I don't feel the need to add any powder after I have applied the foundation. My skin looks and feels smooth and luminous. I am honestly leery of all-in-one products**, but this is one product that delivers! I should disclose that I have dry skin and if you have oily skin, you may feel the need to touch up with a powder. I bring this up only because I have an oily-skinned amiga who constantly tells me she doesn't love what I do because she has very oily skin. (So there - you know who you are :-))

    For a bonus, sign up for Stila's emails and keep an eye on your inbox. You are likely to receive a money-saving offer! I can't make the decision any easier. Check it out!

    *Serum - $75-$25, Concealer - $20 -$5, Foundation - $40-$13, Powder - $40-$10. Don't question my cosmetic math. I have a PhD in this kind of work.

    ** Never, ever buy a tv/dvd combo. Those things have a programmed destruction date. Usually 2 days after the warranty expires.


    This product was sent to me for the purpose of review.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.