Friday, March 19, 2010

Mally Beauty "Mally's Secrets" 8 Piece Collection

    I don't buy that many kits on QVC, but recently couldn't pass up this gem from Mally Beauty. "Mally's Secrets" 8 Piece Collection comes with a concealer system, mascara, lip gloss, eye liner, blush, eye shadow, concealer and powder brush and adorable pink makeup bag. And a cute little book that is full of Mally's personal beauty secrets. How could I resist?



    This kit contains almost everything you need for a full face that will stay in place all day long. Mally Roncal, makeup artists to powerhouse celebs who were aren't supposed to mention (but the Q host leaked one on air. It rhymes with Padonce Bowles.) My point is, Mally designs her makeup to last under extreme conditions. While I am not generally known for my dancing (although it is good), my day-to-day life is a little stressful right now. I need my makeup to look fresh for up to 12 hours per day, to hide the drama that is going on behind the scenes. Here are the details:

    The Cancellation Concealer Cream is available in three forgiving shades and comes with The Eyelight Setting Powder that brightens the under eye area and locks the concealer in place. This lasted for a little over 10 hours today. I love that! My under eye area was light, fresh and true all day - until I took off my makeup. Apply the cream concealer with a the brush and then lightly go over it with the powder. It's locked in place until you take it off.

    The blush is Mally's Couture Blush in Bloom, which comes in a tube. This blush starts out grayish taupe and finishes in a light pinky, peachy color that you can fine tune to your preference. More color or more time spent physically rubbing in the color makes it pop more. A lighter touch reveals a lighter color. A little goes a long way. I dig it.

    The Eye Perfection Weightless Shadow in Twilight is a pretty taupey, golden brown (I know that is an odd description, but that is what it looks like) that comes in a little jar with a sponge applicator. I thought this color would be more purple-tinted-taupey, but on me, it shows up as more of a pretty brown shade. It wears nicely all day and the color is very pigmented. I didn't have any trouble using the applicator and found that tapping the container while closed helps ensure you don't get too much powder on the applicator.

    Mally's Evercolor liner in Black Velvet is a great liner that doesn't move until you move it (on your eyelids). I don't have great luck getting it to stay on my inner rims, but I haven't found anything that really stays put there. I will let you know if I ever find anything.

    The High Shine Liquid Lip Pen in Blossom is a gorgeous pink color that Mally herself described as Angelina Jolie in a bottle. I think she is spot on. What do you think?

    Finally, it comes with Mally's signature Volumizing Mascara that doesn't budge until you use a makeup remover for waterproof eye makeup. It doesn't flake, fall or smudge. It's good stuff!

    Here is how the whole face looks put together using the Mally primer and Mally Poreless Face Defender. And below is the full face. I like it, what do you think? Did you haul this as well? Tell me in the comments!

    (That concealer is fierce!)

    Loxy, the answer isn't Harry Knowles.
    I bought this kit myself and if I thought I would need more concealer or mascara, I would have put it on AD.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.