Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm In Love: Buxom Lash Special Effects Blue Noir

    It's no secret that the right kind of blue makeup makes white things look whiter. A blue-red lipstick will make your teeth gleam. Even Cover Girl sells a blue lip gloss to make the most of your pearly pout. So it's no surprise that blue mascara is back (from the 80's) and is everywhere. Some of the colors are electric blue and some of them appear to be a nice navy. Some of them don't show up at all (CG EyeLights, to be exact) or the formula is really lackluster. My lashes (lest you have forgotten) are not the feature I am most proud. They are skimpy, short and blah.



    I started seeing reviews popping up online about Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash Special Effects Blue Noir and headed to Sephora to take one home. This blue is a gorgeous blue. It's not a nice navy or a ridiculously bright blue. It's perfect. It's like a darkened version of what designers would call reflex blue.


    But it's not just a darkened pure blue. Think peacock blue with a touch of dark sheen in a formula that makes skimpy lashes more buxom.


    In the past I have raved about using Buxom Lash on top of BE's Flawless Definition and the amazing results it yields. While I have layered Blue Noir (it still pops almost as blue - my lashes are light brown), I love wearing it by itself.

    Longer, thicker lashes and my eyes look whiter. I love how the blue mascara is actually visible, which hasn't been my previous experience. Plus, on days where I do a more colorful eye, it really helps the whole thing pop. On days where you have to do a more conservative look, it adds a tiny little bit of extra ummph to your look. I love, love, love this mascara!


    I bought this product and I took the pictures (except the one I got from Sephora).

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.