Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Taste Made Me Think Twice: Ken Paves Lip Surge Lip Gloss


    I didn't realize that my favorite hair extension guru had a product line, beyond hair. I don't live under an actual rock, so I really don't know how this one got by me. Ken Paves, super stylist and Jessica Simpson BFF actually has a line of lip plumpers called Lip Surge. Available in five colors, these plumpers are different from others you may have tried.

    Many plumpers use a mint extract to cause your lips to swell or plump, filling out fine lines and giving you the appearance of a pillowy pout. Lip Surge is actually a treatment and a plumper in one. It contains Hyaluronic Acid to moisturize delicate lip tissue, keeping lips hydrated and soft. It also has a tri-peptide that claims to help build collagen in your lips, adding real volume to your pucker. Benzyl Nicotinate is an ingredient used by medical professionals to increase blood flow to an area and it's what gives you the instant plump in your pout. Lip Surge even has Vitamin A and E to assist collagen building and hydration.

    The color I tried, Jaw Dropping Vixen, is a deep metallic copper with an intense shine. It's more on the red side than your typical copper color, making it a slightly unusual, but very flattering color.

    All of that aside, what struck me as unusual is the smell of camphor, which is used to soothe dry, chapped lips. It took me by surprise (putting it kindly) and took a bit of getting used to. But after the first use, it didn't bother me and I really liked how smooth my lips felt. I loved that fine lines in my lips were definitely lessened. I tried the color Jaw Dropping Vixen, a light reddish copper and love how it looks. I really thought the camphor was going to be a deal breaker for me the first time I tried it, but after a second and third chance, I think I am hooked!

    This product was sent to me for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.