Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Things I Need: March 2009

    There is an endless list of makeup (and other stuff) that I am fairly certain I need. Here are my Top Five Picks for March, which I am curiously waiting to check out (and take home) this month.



    Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Powder. I checked it out briefly when my Sephora launched it last week. All of her powders are so finely milled they are like silk. I picked up two shadows, because I really can't justify buying another face powder right now, even if it looks beyond fancy. Tarina even has a curious powder, Peridot. It's green, to counter act redness in skin. It looked like Kermit on my hand, but I am plain pale. I overheard a Sephora employee decked out in a pink bob wig talk about how wonderful this was for her. I would love to see how this actually works.

    Put on Pieces Hair Synthetic Extensions. About eight years ago, I wore clip-in hair extensions every day. It was so much fun. Now, I am trying to grow my hair out again and am desperate for more length. If I can get the gumption, I am going to start wearing much longer hair often. Although considering I don't go anywhere besides work and to Karma Dogs events, this means wearing extensions not just for fun nights out, but during regular life. It's not that they are hard to put in, but it does give me a little agita when thinking about walking into my boss' office with long tresses. He laughs at me on a good day and I am not sure what this proud Baby Boomer will think. Here's to finding out!

    I am really hankering to own a piece of jewelry by Chrissy Gemmill. Superfriend Xina already has a few pieces of her work and I am jealous to the jell-eth degree. She does amazing things with silver and I love the oxidized look of her work. All of her pieces are lust-worthy and I don't know if I could pick just one!

    Make Up For Ever recently launched a new line of cream blushes at Sephora and I can't wait to get my hands on (no surprise here) Bright Apricot. This blush claims to fall on the side of a soft focus, radiant kind of look, instead of a serious swipe of color. I am anxious to see what the texture of this product is, as it comes in unusual packaging for a cream blush.

    In all honesty, if I wasn't so lazy, I would be a fantastic activist - at least where my spending was concerned. As I try to close the gap where my morals and my credit cards meet, I am jonesing to try these (new to me) bath products by Whish. Paraben, Sulfate, TEA and DEA-free, organic, cruelty and petrochemical-free, you may be left wondering what this product does contain. It has yummy organic shea butter, organic raspberry butter, and organic aloe to moisturize skin and organic cucumber and organic marigold to soothe. Plus it smells like Pomegranate. I am hoping this will help me switch from enjoying the snow to yearning for spring. While I am at it, the Pomegranate body butter seems like a scrumptious idea as well.

    What are you looking for this month? Tell me in the comments!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010,Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.