Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Revlon Perle Eye Shadow

    So I have been drooling over this Bobbi Brown eye shadow palette on QVC for more than a week. That is unusual for me. I almost always purchase or forget within a week's time (sometimes, both). However, this palette keeps calling my name. Its complex grays and glitters, mixed with total mattes and a cute brush are almost too much for me. But it's like $60, shipped.

    So instead of taking the expensive leap, I went to CVS to check out the new offerings from Revlon. With the coupons on your receipts, the CVS bucks and discounts, I somehow ended up saving $7 and getting $43 back in coupons. Somehow, I think I made money...

    Anyway, Revlon has some beautiful new shadows in their Perle collection that remind me of really pretty NARS colors. Dark purples, glistening indigos and disco blacks are all things I need. And they are $4.99 each. So I go for it. I decide to snatch up the medium violet and the dark grayish black, both of which have a little sparkle.

    (Violet Starlet & Black Galaxy)

    This morning, when I was getting ready, I kept telling myself, "These will be as good as that Bobbi palette. Just look at them. I know they say nouveau in the corner, but they will be really pretty on." They are dark-ish and have a little bit of glitter in them , making them good for a grungy Kara Dioguardi eye. I kept my fingers crossed.


    (Boo. The purple has no oomph and the black lacks moxie.)

    Lies. I want to like these. But they have no color pay off. The black has a smidge more color than the purple, but neither of these are going to give me the Kara D. look I am hoping for. I guess the Bobbi Brown palette is beckoning me to buy it....

    Have you picked up either these Revlon colors or the Bobbi palette? Thoughts on either of them? Tell me in the comments!

    I bought these colors. Bummer.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.