Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Runway to Realway: Fun or Flop?

    I just watched one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time (I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell). That Logan kid from Gilmore Girls no longer has a high Q rating with me after those 105 miserable minutes. However, all is not lost. While I was pretending to watch that dreck, I was actually surfing the Sephora blog and came across this Runway to Realway makeover.

    Pretty, right? At work (I work at an ad agency as a TV producer), I can get away with more daring looks than say, a banker, but still these electric blues and bright reds are a little bright, even for me. According to the site, to make the look toned down enough for us normal people, ditch the red lip for a dusty pink shade and tone down the blues. There aren't great pics of the Realway makeover on their blog, so I decided to wing it.

    Before I share my pics with you, be kind. I am no makeup artist, photographer or model, so keep the flaming to polite. Thanks.

    I used the following products:

    Bobbi Brown Corrector in light bisque
    Three Custom Creme Concealer/ Foundation
    Go To Work (silvery taupe shadow) by the now semi-defunct She Space
    Tahiti Palette from Cargo
    Penny Lane Cream Blush from NARS
    Fresh Mascara in Firebird and Supernova
    Sephora lipliner in Cool Coral
    Vis-a-Vis lipstick in Kissed By An Angel



    (My lashes are so short they don't even curl. Errgh.)

    Thoughts? Would you wear this look on an average Realway day? I am always really self-conscious about wearing a dark shade on the side of my lid near my nose. It makes me feel as if my eyes are too close together and I am trying too hard.

    (My bangs are getting really long!)

    But I might kind of like this. Thoughts? Is this look fun or a flop?


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010,Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.