Monday, February 15, 2010

This Makes Me Want Longer Hair: Macadamia Natural Oil Shampoo & Conditioner

    I have had short hair on and off since The Legend Of Billie Jean came out. Sure, I have had bouts of hair that is long enough to put into a ponytail, but not very often. Part of the reason I have short hair is because I love and part of it is because I don't think my hair is that nice when it is long. Pieces of my hair, specifically near my temples never grow out nicely. It always gets a weird texture, I get annoyed and it gets cut off.

    Last month, I mentioned that when I had been dying my hair (I'm a home-color girl) I have been adding a little Macadamia Natural Oil to my hair color. This makes my hair incredibly shiny and smooth. Because of the amazing results from the oil, I decided to try the shampoo and conditioner from the same line. During my 30-day trial, my hair has never been as smooth and healthy feeling as it is now. In fact, it makes me think that with continued use I might be able to get Tami Taylor hair.

    (Connie Britton portrays Tami Taylor on Friday Night Lights)

    Macadamia Natural Oil is an amazing oil for the hair because it is very rich in essential fatty acids and has the distinctive feature of resembling sebum. This replication of the natural oils our scalp produces for protection make it an ideal enriching & replenishing oil for the scalp. This shampoo and conditioner also contains the amazing argan oil, which is the oil that turned the haircare industry on its head in the last few years.

    The shampoo is a gentle shampoo that is moisturizing for dry hair. And while I am terrible at describing smells (the reason I almost never review perfume), I love how this smells. It's not sweet or floral, musky or heavy, it's just nice. The conditioner is actually a leave-in conditioner, which is something I tend to avoid. Because my hair is so short, I don't leave it in as it overpowers my hair a bit. It is meant to be used on the midshaft through the ends of hair, not applied at the roots. However, when your hair is as short as mine, you don't have midshaft or ends. So I opt to do a quick rinse, leaving some in my hair, but the majority is rinsed out.

    My last 3o-day hair trial was for Wen and I raved about how shiny my hair was when I used this product. While Wen did make my hair soft, Macadamia Natural Oil Shampoo and Conditioner has changed my overall hair texture. However, Wen did make my hair slightly shinier than Macadamia Natural Oil. Overall, this shampoo makes me want to have longer hair, and is actually pushing me to grow my hair. And anyone who knows me knows that while I often talk about wanting longer hair, I never actually try to grow it. My hairspiration for my ear/cheek length bob? A shorter version of this Hair Cuttery ad. Need I remind you, that while I am sure some people at the HC do a good job, Loxy had this experience.



    And with hair that has a nice texture and looks great, I bet I will actually get there for the first time in seven years.

    This product was sent to me for the purposes of review.
    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.