Thursday, February 18, 2010

Prove It! Maybelline Expert Wear Long Wearing Blush


    When I see a drugstore product sitting on the shelves with a NEW! sticker on it, boasting that it offers fade free color for hours and hours, I assume that Maybelline execs are specifically challenging me to a duel. Their stuff, my face, no less than eight hours. It's on!

    My recent drugstore purchases have not gone well. And it is that very reason I can tell you who accepts returns and what the rules are at any major drugstore chain. Among things I recently returned? That miserable Revlon cream eyeshadow quad, two different Revlon lipsticks for being weirdly bright pale colors when they should be nude-ish and a Neutrogena SPF product that smelled like cat tinkle. There are others, but they have already faded from memory.

    (Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Sweet Cinnamon)

    So when a blush, which likes to leap off of my cheeks on a good day, proclaims it is long-wearing and does not fade for hours, I'm game. Maybelline's semi-new Expert Wear Blush claims to be long wearing and fade free. Not to make it hard for Maybelline, but I picked the color Sweet Cinnamon, because it was pretty and NOT pink. I am sick of pink blushes and trying to avoid them. (Turns out I am doing a good job. More on that later.) Here is what the color looks like:


    So here is me, bright eyed and bushy tailed, wearing Sweet Cinnamon at 7am. It's delicate and pretty. No way this is going to make it 8 hours.


    Here is me eight hours later, looking as if I got up at 3am (which I did) and much worse for the wear. But to my shock and delight, there is still some blush there! Well done, Maybelline!

    I suppose this round goes to the drugstore brand. Maybelline Expert Wear actually wears for a very long time!

    I bought this with change from shovelling out someone's parents.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010,Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.