Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Things I Want Now! The February Edition

    I got Loxy to take me to Sephora a few days ago for a makeup fix. Between real life, a chemical facial peel and snow, I haven't made it into the store for at least 2 weeks. Let's be honest, that's a problem. While I love to buy things to take home and try, at the moment, I am back on cosmetic shopping restriction. So here are the things that made me drool on my recent trip to Sephora.



    The Urban Decay/Disney Alice in Wonderland Collection retails for $52 and looks glorious. You just have to see this in person to get the whole idea. You get 16 eye shadows, an Eye Shadow Primer Potion, two 24/7 eye pencils all in this gorgeous Book of Shadows box. It's a great value and a serious collector's item.


    (Shown in Cliche')

    LORAC Multiplex 3D Lipgloss in Intermix or 3D. I love LORAC glosses on a good day. These new glosses have so much shine and glam packed into a lip gloss, it was really hard not to pick one up and take it home. I fell in love with two colors : 3-D and Intermix.


    3D is a dark taupe/fawn color with loads of glitter and pink undertones. The glitter isn't showing up much in my picture, but trust me, it's a must have.


    Intermix is peachier and sans glitter, but is one of the shiniest glosses I have come across in a bit. Love it!


    The Stila Jewel Eye Shadow Palette is also an interesting palette to consider. These shadows appear to almost be wet, and leave a glossy trace of color behind. If you like to play with different textures in your shadow, this looks like something you must get.


    Make no mistake, this palette is in powder form, but once on, it looks more wet, almost like a shiny, glittery cream eye shadow. I used the Black Onxy, Amethyst and Golden Topaz in the above photo. There has been very little glitter fallout on my eyes. When I looked at this shadow, the colors and texture instantly reminded me of the Bare Escentuals Extreme Eye Glimmers, but in a pressed powder form. Since it is pressed, it is a little easier to avoid getting the shiny bits on your cheeks. I put some on in the store in less than 3 minutes. While the above photo isn't the best, you can tell how the color is sheer, yet shiny; a dry powder, but looks different. You have to check these out!

    (I had to see how these looked swatched so I went back to the store with a better camera.)



    Of course, you can't even look around Sephora without posters proclaiming Kim Kardashian's new fragrance, aptly titled Kim Kardashian. People who are good at writing perfume descriptions will tell you that it has notes of honey, tuberose, gardenia, honeysuckle and tonka beans (whatever the hockeysticks that is). Honestly, it smelled a little like everything I like from Marc Jacobs.


    What I did check out quickly as I left and liked was the newest scent in the Leslie Blodgett's Perfume Diaries collection, Santa Barbara. While I didn't care for her first one (it was just too strong for my taste) this one is quite nice. Santa Barbara is a soft floral that light and pretty and nowhere near overpowering. I also love the adorable little pocket watch-like solid perfume that is perfect for touch-ups.


    Finally, I did pick up one of Bobbi Brown's new Pot Rouges from her Cabana Corals Collection. I chose the Cabo Coral color.

    This color seemed to be the right mix of bright peachy pop I was looking for without being too bright. This is my first Pot Rouge from Bobbi and I love it.

    What are you looking forward to? Have you picked up any of these products yet? Tell me in the comments!

    I don't own anything mentioned, with the exception of the Bobbi Brown Rouge Pot, which I paid for myself.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010,Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.