Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Big Cover Up from Cover FX

    Back in the day, when I was an aspiring makeup artist, I use to study Kevyn Aucoin's books for hours. I loved how his shading and contouring could make a huge difference in how people looked, transforming Gwyenth Paltrow into James Dean. I have spent hours trying to sculpt my face, with some degrees of success, but it isn't so easy.


    Cover FX, makers of one of my favorite foundations, recently launched The Big Cover Up, a seven piece kit that helps your define and sculpt your face with ease. The kit comes with a foundation brush, Cover FX Skin Prep primer, three shades of foundation, loose powder to help finish your face and a DVD to show you how to get the perfect face using their bulls eye technique. This kit should really be called The Perfect Cover Up (partially because it's true and partially because that is what I keep calling it in conversation).

    You start by applying the lightest color around your eyes and center of your face, add the darkest color for contouring your cheeks, jawline and forehead, and then blend it all together perfectly with the medium color. Finish with a light dusting of translucent powder.


    The result? The Big Cover Up gives you perfect, flawless coverage that lasts all day. The foundation is a bit heavier than I would normally wear, but because it is so buildable, a light touch makes it look really natural and doesn't feel like I am wearing a ton of makeup.

    The kit is available online from Cover FX and Sephora and retails for $75. If you want to step up your foundation and make it work a little harder to give you a flawless look, this kit shows you how to effortlessly sculpt your face.

    Have you tried this? Would you? Tell me in the comments!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.