Friday, May 7, 2010

Paul and Joe Beaute' Makeover From MUA Leah Dean


    Recently, I did a Bare Escentuals eye color challenge and wore five different colors on my eyes every day for a week. The colors were literally dictated by cards I selected from a full deck. While I learned you can wear almost any colors (you just need to be creative), I realized that I need to brush up on my artistry skills. Many of my looks were similar and while the colors changed, the overall look of my eyes did not.

    I turned to pro MUA Leah Dean of Paul and Joe Beaute' to learn how to sculpt my eyes and give them a different shape. Leah travels to Tokyo each year to stay current on trends and I was really excited to learn a new way to change my look.

    "You have really round eyes, which is great. But for a change, you can make them more doe shaped. It's just a slight difference, but can be a little more exotic."


    Leah began by applying a new Paul and Joe Primer (SPF 30) all over my face and then added their new Protective Foundation Fluid (SPF 25), which is water-like in it's consistency.

    "It's perfect for summer. You only need to apply coverage where you need it. Plus it has an SPF. It's so thin it won't feel like you are wearing a full face of makeup, but you're skin will look perfect."
    Leah then added a bit of concealer and my face looked flawless!

    Next up was creating the doe eyed effect. Leah used the Paul and Joe eye shadow combo that included Nearly Nude, a taupe-y champagne color and Chateau, an eggplant color. The champagne color was used along my lid, but not as far up as the crease of my lid. Then Leah added the eggplant color in the crease, but continued the crease over to the corner of my eye, coming down much lower on the inner side of my eye than I would normally do.


    This contouring takes the roundness of eye down, giving it the appearance of being more doe eyed. It's subtle, but it did make a difference.

    Leah then lined my upper and lower lid with a brown liner, sticking close to the lashes, and not lining above the lash line. She added a touch of powder to my lower lash line and finished with a bit of mascara on curled lashes.


    The final touch was a bit of Eye Gloss in Celestial, which added a subtle bit of gorgeous shimmer. The Eye Gloss is a must have for spring and summer so pick it up, stat! Here is the end result. My eyes are subtly shaded to appear slightly different in shape.

    (With the doe eyed shading.)

    (Without the doe eyed shading.)

    What do you think? Have you tried to change your eye shape or are you stuck in the same lid, crease, brow rut I was? Tell me in the comments!


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.