Monday, May 31, 2010

It's My One Year Anniversary!

    I can't believe it's been one year since I got the idea to put all of my beauty product know-how and advice into a blog.

    Since then, I have gotten to meet some of my beauty favorites, like Leslie Blodgett, Paula Begoun and Jan Marini. I've gotten to do some interesting things, like roll down a hill in a hamster ball filled with water to test Tarte makeup. I have also mastered the art of writing a sponsored blog post using a words and phrases specified by the company, despite the fact there is no link between them and the product I am reviewing.

    I have gotten myself into some odd situations, like getting ready to interview a certain MTV celeb on the spur of the moment and then forgetting who she is and what her name was, as I was walking up to speak with her. Luckily, my two sisters-in-law were there to answer when I whisper yelled, "Why is she famous?".

    Since then, I have written over 400 posts and made some really amazing friends, despite the fact I have never met most of them. Loxy, my most loyal reader, has learned more than he ever wanted to about makeup. The coolest/weirdest/least expected thing? Having strangers approach me and call me Gouldylox.

    Since I can't pick one favorite post, I asked Loxy to pick one. And in a turn that surprises me and doesn't surprise me at all, he picked the post where I get to use his mistake to help everyone learn what not to do when you get a bad haircut.


    Thanks for all of your comments, for reading my reviews daily and for not openly mocking my grayish roots or minuscule lashes. You're the best!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.