Friday, May 14, 2010

Sneak Peek! Bare Escentuals Matte Eye Shadow Limited Edition Collection

    Ever since the thought of these shadows crept onto my radar a few weeks ago, I have been trying to get some info to see what they looked like. The regular shades, also included in this Collector's Edition, are some of my all time favorite BE shades. I had planned to watch QVC all weekend to be sure to get my hands on the limited edition collection of colors.

    But every now and then, staying up all night, putting on countless faces of makeup and not going out and writing blog posts on my phone while I wait for food pays off. I was able to check out the colors in advance and haven't stopped smiling since!

    The colors included in the collection in their regular and matte forms are:

    True Gold
    Celestine
    Bare Skin

    They aren't matte like a true flat, matte color, but more like one of my other all time favorites, Vanilla Sugar. Here they are swatched on my arm:

    (From the Top: Bare Skin Matte, Bare Skin, Celestine Matte, Celestine, True Gold Matte, True Gold)

    Today I wore True Gold Matte on my lid and regular True Gold in the crease.


    I foiled a thick line of regular True Gold along my lashes and then lined with the Big and Bright Liner in Plum.


    I paired this shadow with Isabella Buxom Lip Polish. It is the perfect compliment to (faux) tanned skin!


    These six smaller pots of glorious color come in an adorable gold case with a mirror.


    What are you planning on hauling in this weekend? I am in love with these shadows! I think there are less than 25,000 to go around, so don't miss them. It's item number A198959. If you can get them, pick them up and let me know what you think!

    This product was provided for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.