Friday, May 14, 2010

Sneak Peek! QVC TSV Bronzed and Buff Faux Tan Collection

    UPDATED WITH VIDEO!

    I was lucky enough to get to check out the new Bronzed and Buff Set from Bare Escentuals before it hits the airwaves tonight at midnight. It's being offered as part of the 12th Anniversary special this weekend on the Q (along with lots of other new and limited goodies). I haven't tried the Faux Tan before, so this was my first attempt.


    What makes this faux tanning experience different is clear. It's the brush, and I love it. It's a large, flat top, densely packed kabuki-style body brush. It fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and makes applying the Faux Tan seamless and mess-free. The plastic handle is the perfect size to fit in your palm without allowing any tanning liquid spill to get on the sides of your hands. It's genius!

    I am super klutzy and bad at fake baking, as previous posts have admitted. In fact, I generally don't even review fake tanning products because I am so bad at using them. It never works, I look dirty and the end result won't be pretty. However, this brush makes it easy enough even for me. I applied the Faux Tan (which smells like a delicious almond pastry) by putting the actual lotion directly on the brush.


    Then I applied the lotion-loaded brush to my legs and brushed the lotion on, using outward strokes. Because this formula comes with a tint, you can see where you have already applied it, ensuring there are no streaks. I then modeled my legs for Loxy, who didn't understand what was going on, and he pointed out where I looked uneven. Doing both of my legs took about 10 minutes and I am sure it would be faster if it wasn't my first time using the brush.

    The next day my legs looked amazing. Loxy even commented on them, asking when I had gotten so tan (boys!). In all honesty, my toes are a little wonky looking, but I think I am the only one who can tell. For the most part, it was a perfect, non-smelly, easy to use experience! I love it so much, I think I am going to go full on faux this weekend. Still nervous about faux tanning? Check out this video from Leslie herself to walk you through using the new brush.



    You need the brush. It is the key to making this one of the easiest faux tans to apply. Just don't forget to clean the brush out after each use!

    The bareMinerals Bronzed and Buff Faux Tan TSV (A198471 or A203763-AD) comes with a Big Daddy size of the Faux Tanning Lotion (16oz) and the Body Buffing Brush. It retails for $44.94 and is only available for a limited time.

    This product was provided for the purpose of review.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.