Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bare Escentuals Color Addiction Challenge : Day Two

    Today is the second day of my BE Color Challenge. This morning, Loxy asked if he could pick the colors, so I shuffled and let him choose. Not the best idea. While not his fault, three of the five colors he chose were liner colors. (At least he didn't pick the one color I may not know how to use.) That isn't going to work so we drew again. In the second draw, he did pick a color I don't own (Aquamarine liner), so I selected the closest color I had, which I think may be Green Tea. It's a dark greenish teal that comes out darker and less aqua than the actual Aquamarine liner, but it's the closest. The Aquamarine liner would have been a much better choice, but I have to work with what I have.

    So here is what Loxy selected in the draw:

    Aquamarine Liner
    Angel
    Queen Phyllis
    Exotic Tara
    Celestine


    I was a little puzzled what to do with the blues and greens, so I opted for a double liner look. But here goes.

    Here are the results of Day Two: Afternoon at My Mom's House

    I first put Celestine on my lid, below the crease. I put Queen Phyllis in the corner, by the tear duct. Then I put Exotic Tara in the crease (that is bright!). I lined with Green Tea and a small, wet brush. I wish I would have cat eyed this a little more, but I was running late. I then used Angel with a wider liner brush next to the Green Tea line (creating two liner-lines).


    (Click on the image to enlarge.)

    I applied it thicker and dry. I followed up with Flawless Definition mascara and viola! Very pretty! (Despite the fact I left the house with wet hair so we wouldn't be late to my mother's house.)
    It's brighter than I would normally select, but it looks pretty and makes my blue eyes look bluer. What do you think? What are you wearing today? Tell me in the comments!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.