Friday, April 9, 2010

BE Color Addict Challenge: Day 5

    Today is the last day of my color challenge. It has been a lot of fun to rethink colors, or how you can blend two colors together to make a whole new color. I have really liked most of my looks and have been surprised by the color holes in my collection. I have a lot of eye shadows. Probably over 100. I can't believe that I am missing whole sections of the color spectrum. Like light greens that aren't olive-based or light purple that are more pinkish than plum. Sadly, the color I was slightly scared of was never dealt. What I did learn is that while I am not afraid to play with any color, I need to figure out how to sculpt my eye to look a little different from the basic lid, crease, brow combo. If you can sculpt your cheeks, you can sculpt your eyes, right? If I can find an MUA to help me teach me how to do that, I promise to share.

    So my last look? It went together Purrrfectly. I luckily drew greens and golds that played up my blue eyes and went together easier than any other color combo this week. The colors alone almost told their own story with just their names . The cultured pearls were envied by every trophy wife at the special weekend event: The Purrrfect Tortoise Race.

    For the last challenge, I drew:

    Cultured Pearl
    Envy
    Trophy Wife
    Purrrfect
    Tortoise



    I put Cultured Pearl in the corner and under my brow. I created a ying and yang shape on my lid (fancy!) with Envy and Trophy Wife, to try to give an interesting shape and be a little different. However, because the colors are similar in tone, the effect was slightly lost. I then added Purrrfect in the crease and lined with BonBon, instead of Tortoise because I like the greenish flecks in BonBon and because I don't own Tortoise.


    It complimented my blue eyes and red hair beautifully, without looking too heavy. So what do you think? Are you brave enough to grab random shadows and mix it up and see what you get? Tell me your favorite unusual combo in the comments!



    While I already owned 90% of the shadows used in these stories. BE did supply a few of the colors used in my color challenge.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.