Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whishing for No More Razor Bumps

    I have recently started getting my upper lip waxed. Despite my love of all things makeup and skincare, it never dawned on me that I needed to wax my upper lip. Just like in college when I didn't realize I should be waxing my eye brows or getting French (or my preferred style, American) manicures was something I was supposed to do. So when I started waxing my upper lip, I was surprised that I got little, red, zit-looking bumps.

    So I turned to my esthetician pal, Madeleine Homes, at La Papillon Spa. She told me they weren't zits caused by waxing, but little keratin bumps that form under the skin on some people after waxing.

    I decided to try a product called Flawless by Whish, who makes one of my all time favorite shower gels. Flawless Ingrown Hair Remover contains no DEA, TEA, petrochemicals, parabens or sulphates. Made with natural ingredients and not tested on animals, this product did amazingly well in a double blind study conducted by Bioscreen Testing Services. Here were their results:


    Impressive, right? Were my results as impressive? So after I waxed, I went home and applied Whish Flawless Ingrown Hair Serum. The next morning, I didn't have any ingrown hairs. I continued applying the serum in the morning and evening for several days. On day three, I did slip and totally forget. That night, I had the beginnings of a little red bump. I continued applying Flawless and the bump was totally gone within 12 hours.

    I also gave a sample to my coworker, 'lil J, who does not do well with waxing or threading. Her forehead above her brows erupts with keratin bumps. I gave her a sample of Flawless to try, a few days after she was waxed. It didn't stop them from coming (she didn't apply it after the service, which is key), but it did speed up her recovery.

    Check it out for yourself. It's available online at Whishbody.com, Nordstrom, Kitsons and a host of other online and retail vendors. Need it now? Enter your zip code here and find out where to get it near you.

    This product was sent to me for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.