Wednesday, April 7, 2010

BE Color Addict Challenge:Day Three

    This time I selected the cards myself and, if I was playing for real cash-monkey, would be in trouble. I managed to select five specific colors that I wouldn't put together on purpose. Maybe one or two of them, but not all five. To make matters worse, the first time I did my eye makeup, before heading to work, mind you, it made a bit of a chalushous* mess.


    I tried to use the wrong color for the crease and it was not going well. So I wiped it all off, re-primed and started again with a different idea. The second time came out like magic. I wish it had showed up in the pics slightly better, but I was running late. Trust me though, it looked really subtle and pretty.

    I started with Snowflake in the corner of my eye and lined the bottom lash line with a touch of Dakota. Then I applied Frolic on my lid (below the crease) and put Black Ice (new favorite color - it's a must have!) in the crease. Finally, I lined with the impossibly blue Ell-If-I-Know. The Black Ice smoothed it all out, giving it a smokey, fun, light tone that somehow made my blue eyes look green.
    (Click on the photo to enlarge)

    Below is the chart for what I did. Thoughts? I feel like I need to be more adventurous. I am hoping the color that scares me comes up. If not, I might do an extra look, just to see what happens.

    *When I asked my mother in law what chalushous meant in Yiddish she answered, "Coming from chaleria." Oh. When translated by someone who doesn't speak in riddles, it means "hot mess".

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.