Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easy Eyes in 5 Minutes or Less: Laura Geller Moonshadow

    Some mornings I just can't get up. And as Loxy can tell you, on those days, I usually skip packing a lunch instead of skipping my makeup routine. And while I have previously admitted to using more than 20 products in one morning, there is a really easy way to make your eyes pop and get out the door with minutes to spare. Even on days when you are running late.


    Laura Geller's Moonshadow is an adorable, highly pigmented easy-to-use baked shadow that can take you from glum to glam in less than five minutes. I have Midnight Magic, a pink and dark aubergine shimmer color. While pink isn't my go to color, this is just pink enough to add some twinkle to my eyes without looking like I am trying to emulate Barbie.


    The baked aubergine color is flecked with sparkle and makes a great crease and liner color. I like to line my eyes using a small brush, wetting it with Visine for Dry Eyes (the Dry Eyes part is clutch). Here's what I do in five minutes or less:

    1. Curl Lashes (mine are so short if I do it after I line my eyes, my line gets wonky.)

    2. Cover entire eye area, lash to brow with Eye Spackle. This primer brightens the eye area on someone with my skin tone (fair, bordering on Vampire) and doesn't leave my eye looking crepe-y or "scale-y".

    3. Add lighter toned shadow to lid.

    4. Add darker toned shadow in the outer V of the eye.

    5. Line top lid with wet brush, using the darker color.

    6. Lightly line lower lid with dry darker color.

    7. Add Mascara and go!



    Moon Shadows are available in two colors, Midnight Magic, pink and aubergine as seen above and Fire Water, which is the Eye Rimz Green shimmer and champagne. Check them out online at LauraGeller.com, QVC.com, Laura's Studio in NYC and Beauty 360's.

    Product was sent to me for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.