Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Need Your Thoughts On This One: Kimora's New Ad

    I know this is so yesterdays news, but it just fell on my desk today so please excuse. What do you think about Kimora's new ad for her perfume Dare Me? If memory serves, she just had a baby a few months ago and isn't that tall. In fact, while a cute girl with attitude for days, she doesn't look a thing like that. When fans asked Kimora if it was her head on someones body on Twitter, she replied, "Of course that's my body!!! With all the help I could get from the airbrush!!! Lol!"


    (click the image to enlarge)

    I don't know about you, but I am all about beauty that makes you feel good for who you are. Not beauty that makes you feel bad for who you aren't. Sure, I think I want to be fierce, at least every once in awhile. But mostly, I just want to feel good in my own skin, which is hard enough more often than not. And have a good hair day ( I always want that). That's enough to make me happy. While the retouched glowing skin of a glossy mag ad makes me salivate for the perfect product, which I should know by now that you can NEVER get that glow of perfection.

    But this airbrushing bothers me more than the usual. Maybe it's because I know what she really looks like because of her TV show. Maybe it's because legs just aren't that long and it looks weird to my eye. I don't know. I just know in my gut I don't like it.

    What do you think of Kimora so obviously changing her entire body so drastically? Does this go beyond the normal realm of airbrushing or is this acceptable par for the course? I am curious to know what you think.
    Please tell me in the comments!





    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.