Friday, April 30, 2010

Cruelty Free Favorites!


    As the editor-in-chief of a cruelty-free beauty blog, people often ask me
    which products are the best. Of course, that depends on your skin type,
    hair type and personal preferences. And, it's amazing how one product will
    FAIL for me and then someone else I know will LOVE it!
    That being said, I would like to share with you a few of my favorite
    cruelty-free products. I hope you'll love them as much as I do.

    1. Alba Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser - This is the
    best cleanser! For reference, I have sensitive, combination skin with
    frequent breakouts. A good friend recommended this to me - she has
    extremely sensitive skin (more sensitive than mine) and she also loves
    Alba's facial cleanser. It has enzymes to remove dead skin and dirt, but
    it doesn't dry out your skin at all. It makes your skin feel super soft
    without leaving any residue! You can buy it in drugstores - a definite
    must-try!

    2. L'uvalla Balancing Day/Night Cream is a fairly thick cream that manages to go
    on smooth and leave NO greasy residue! It’s perfect for my combination
    skin. It has essential oils (lotus flower, thyme, rosemary, clove, etc.)
    to treat acne and natural oils (such as argan oil and hazel seed oil) to
    nourish skin and heal acne.

    3. Dr. Hauschka’s Lip Care Stick – jojoba oil, shea
    butter, almond oil, carrot extract and other natural ingredients combine
    to make this super luxe, non-sticky lip balm that gives you protection
    without causing dependency (like lip balms that contain drying ingredients
    can do).

    4. bareMinerals Matte mineral foundation gives me a
    shine-free finish (which lasts almost all day on my shiny areas),
    minimizes my pores, evens out my skin tone and protects my skin from sun
    damage (SPF 15). It is designed to be worn alone, but I usually layer
    over liquid foundation for more coverage.

    5. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is a cult favorite
    for a reason. Put it on your eyelids, let dry and then apply your favorite
    eyeshadow (M.A.C. is my fave). The primer creates a smooth base, makes the
    colors pop and most importantly, keeps your eyeshadow from creasing! It
    stay on all day - really! The only possible drawback is that you have less
    opportunity to blend because the eyeshadow stays where you put it. So,
    just make sure you stay in the lines!

    Guest blog post by Jen Mathews, editor in chief of My Beauty Bunny, a
    cruelty-free beauty blog for stylish ladies and gents.




    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.