Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Growing My Hair : The End of April Update

    For those of you following the extremely s l o w saga of my journey to find something to sprout hair quickly from my head, here is the update.

    When we last discussed this, I was taking vitamins from Phyto (which are really helping). My hair has gone from this:


    to this:

    in about four months. Not too shabby! But, it's not fast enough (I have no patience). I have been looking all over for something to really stimulate my scalp and get my hair growing faster, healthier and thicker. And I am still in search of better ways to style it to make the growing out phase not as painful. Some days are ok. Other days, I feel like I am wearing a hair helmet from the 80's. I am so painstakingly picky about my hair on a good day, the bad days have me itching to cut it off.


    So for the next several weeks, to encourage faster, better growth, I will be trying Chinese Herbs Stimulating Shampoo and Conditioner from Peter Lamas. This shampoo and conditioner is designed to make thinning hair grow; making it healthy along the way. While my hair isn't thinning, several people have told me that these kind of shampoos will help hair grow thicker, healthier and maybe a little faster, providing you can find one that actually works. I also have some Chinese Herbs Revitalizing Mist, which is a leave-in treatment that promotes healthy hair growth. I can certainly use any extra help I can get, especially since my hair is put through the ringer with the constant coloring and heat styling.

    I am also happy to report that Lamas products are vegan (no animal testing, no animal ingredients), paraben-free, sulphate free, with the majority incorporating plant-based, organic and certified organic ingredients. While being vegan or not vegan isn't specifically a dealbreaker for me personally, if these products live up to their claims, I will be much happier that they are vegan and paraben/sulfate-free. I have only used this system once, and maybe it's the change in 'poo, but my hair feels glorious. I think I was actually singing to Loxy (while dancing around our bedroom) about how amazing my hair felt after I blew it out.


    I have been taking your advice and trying to work headbands and barrettes into the mix, but not sure how to do this without looking like a pumpkin head. My favorite find so far is this beadazzled clip from La Papillon. I feel a little weird about wearing this hair accoutrement, maybe because it is a little out of character for me or maybe because I feel like it screams, "LOOK AT ME! I AM GROWING MY HAIR AND HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH IT!" (Am I the only one who feels this way?) I also cheated and trimmed my bangs a tiny bit. The amount trimmed is negligible, but they have a slightly different shape, which makes me feel better.

    If you have any other ideas on how to deal with growing out your hair, please let me know. Have you tried the Peter Lamas line? Let me know if you have! A little insider birdy told me that celebs like Kiefer Sutherland ditched their prescriptions for thinning hair in favor of Chinese Herbs from Peter Lamas. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes! And in the meantime, if you have any other ideas on something to do with my hair as it grows, please tell me!

    Peter Lamas products were sent to me for the purposes of review.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.