Thursday, April 8, 2010

BE Color Addict Challenge: Day Four

    Today, I shuffled and drew 5 cards that somehow only contained 2 eye shadows that are actually in my collection. Not to be deterred, I dug deep in the Lowe's Machinist Chest to find colors that were similar. I had to get creative.

    Day Four Color Challenge: Recording and Editing (another day at work).

    The luck of the draw dictated I use the following colors:

    Butterfly
    Oasis
    Soft Plum Liner
    Water Lily
    Sex Kitten

    Since I owned Sex Kitten and Soft Plum, from my early days of not experimenting with color too much, I had those covered. I don't own Butterfly, a soft matte yellow. I don't own a lot of matte shadows in general, but I like the idea of combining textures. So I substituted Lemon Zinger. Oasis is a gorgeous light green that makes me want to go on vacation. I don't own this one either, so Magnetize from the Moxie kit came in handy. (I loved this kit. Almost as much as the best kit ever, Rocker Eye.) While I thought I owned more purples than any one girl required, turns out, I don't own anything like Water Lily. So I combined Hugs and Fame to make a light purple glimmer. (Water Lily is not that similar to what I used, but I tried.) I think I am going to need to pick up Water Lily since it is actually different from anything I own, which is rare!



    So how do a yellow, dark brown, bright purple, dark plum and light green work together? By adding a little Soul. Yup. I cheated and added a sixth shadow to the mix to highlight my brow.

    I put Lemon Zinger/Butterfly in the inner part of my lower lid. I foiled Magnetize/Oasis directly above my pupil. I foiled Hugs-Fame/Water Lily on the outer edge of my eye, with a harsh edge shaped like a butterfly wing. Then I used a tiny flat brush to add a little smolder to the crease with Sex Kitten. I made this line really thin; just enough to add some definition without overpowering the brighter colors. Finally, I wet lined with Soft Plum liner, making a uniform thick line. To soften the edges of my foiled color without taking away the shine, I added a tiny bit of Soul under the brow and around the outer edge of my eye, ever so slightly. A little Flawless Definition and I was ready to go!

    (click on the photo to enlarge)

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.