Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender

    I wrote about wanting to try Evercolor Poreless Face Defender by Mally Beauty a month or so ago. Having never seen it, twitter-pal Paula and I tried to figure out what it was. Our best guess was that it was similar to a primer that you applied after your makeup, so I tried a few different ways to make my own version of this new product. I was wait-listed for this on the Q and had nothing better to do...

    My idea, while good in theory, stunk in practice. But somehow, despite my wait-list time expiring, the Q shipped it to me anyway. Sweet! So what is it and how does it work?

    It comes in a square container with a pan and the product itself is clear. If you aren't careful when you get it, you may take a chunk out of it with your fingernail when you go to remove the top, so be careful. It doesn't come with a huge amount of product, but you only need a tiny amount, so it should last you a decent amount of time. This particular product came with a sponge, which totally flummoxed me. I didn't see Mally present this with a sponge when it was on the first time and I don't get how you would use it. It's a nice sponge, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you need it for this (I am sure Mally disagrees, btw).

    Basically, it's like an after-primer, or a face finisher. (Instead of a face powder, you would use this.) Imagine a semi-solid chunk of silicone based primer and you'll get the idea. To apply it, I like to gently swirl a kabuki brush (or any large, flat top soft brush) across the surface. Don't try to make dents in the product with the brush. It's all about getting a tiny bit on the tips of the brush. Then lightly "dust" it all over your face. You shouldn't be able to see this on the brush or the product on your face. Think of it as magically working - you won't see it go on.

    This is the equivalent of putting a soft filter on your face. All of your pores are hard to see and your blush, contouring or concealer is diffused. It wears fairly well, but I still have a problem with my face eating my blush (I always do - it has nothing to do with this.) Instead of touching up with a powder, I just use blotting papers, which I love, because I am not adding a bunch of gunk to my skin throughout the day. I really like this product - but remember a tiny bit goes a long way!

    What do you think? Have you tried this or are you really happy with your powder finisher?

    I bought this myself.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.