Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Extend the Time Between Salon Visits : Mimic Color


    Since I have started getting my hair colored professionally, I am trying to avoid getting it done every three weeks, which is what my schedule is when I am the one mixing the color. But my hair grows really fast and it is all blond/gray (gasp!) and my roots show really quickly.

    So I have been trying a few products to see if there really is a reasonable way to extend the time between salon visits. Mimic Color is one product that might do the trick. Mimic Color is a wax based product that comes with a pot of color and two brushes (in a cute leather pouch). You apply it by using either the stiff angled brush (at the part) or the larger rounded brush (to cover larger areas).

    I used Mimic Color for two weeks. The color I used matched perfectly with my own hair color and the color lasted throughout the day, for the most part. I didn't see any flaking, which was great, but the color did fade a tiny bit in places by the end of the day. Either way, it looked completely natural and you couldn't detect I had any color product in my hair.

    It didn't change my hair in anyway, making it neither oily, stiff nor waxy. After I got the hang of applying the color, it only took three minutes or less for me to cover the hair at my part, my temples and the roots around my bangs. While I haven't tried it, people say you can even use it to create highlights or lowlights that stay put until you wash them out. I might have to pick up a separate color to try the highlight idea.

    I think this worked really well and would not hesitate to use it again. The beauty detective in me wonders if there is anything better available, so I am sure this won't be the last post on this kind of product you'll see in upcoming weeks. Here is how it looks on their model.


    sample-2

    sample-3


    In the meantime, this definitely helps extend the time between salon visits. Want to try it for yourself? Mimic Color is available in four colors and retails for $30.00.

    I bought this product.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement.
    Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.