Monday, June 29, 2009

Avon SpectraColor Lipstick


    There have been quite a few new products recently on shelves at the drugstore that involve turning a dial to get the perfect color. The big one is a foundation that allows you to choose the perfect shade. While it seems like a good idea to be able to get one product that can be customized to fit your needs, I see it as a waste of a lot of product. Loreal also recently released a HiP lip gloss that has two colors in one gloss, but the applicator doesn't allow for easy application, and the product hasn't gotten great reviews.

    Take the best of the color dial and two lip glosses in one and you have my attention. Avon SpectraColor Lip Gloss gives you two chambers of colors. There is a dial at the bottom, with a locked position and seven colors, which range from lightest to darkest. You turn the dial to the desired color and your color comes out of the top when you press the bottom of the gloss. The gloss comes out of little holes at the top, again, reminding me of this. I really like the applicator on this gloss. Unlike your traditional doe foot or brush applicator, this is a harder piece of plastic. This allows you to get the unique color each time, without mixing your new lighter color with the darker color you used the night before. You can wipe off the excess prior to mixing your new color and you get a clean application each time.

    I picked this up in "The Peaches". The lightest color reminds me very much of Nars Orgasm. However, the color is mucho shinier and is a slicker feeling on the lips than the Nars gloss. The darkest color is a deep coral, that is great for evenings. If you aren't someone into lipstick/gloss and don't like to carry many of them at one time (I have 30 in my purse right now!), then this is a great solution. One tube gives you seven colors, taking you from work to a night out. For under $10, it's a steal!

    I love it. Check it out.



    UPDATE!
    Blog pal Bella didn't believe just how much I can fit into a makeup bag. Here are the contents of my lip bag. I should have said 30+!! :-)




    Update: As requested, here are swatches. Please know two things. I stink at taking swatch pictures and these aren't great (but are the best I can do with a point and shoot.)

    Above is in brighter light. The differences between the lighter colors are slightly more noticeable when on than on my arm.


    Here is the view, shot in a slightly darker area. Hopefully this gives you an idea of the range this product gives you!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.