Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Tinted Moisturizer Quest Continues....


    My quest for the best tinted moisturizer has been going on since the weather first started heating up. Laura Mercier didn't fare so well on my shana punim and neither did Hourglass. However, another Laura asked me to check out her new tinted moisturizer, Barely There.

    I was very happy to oblige. I do love Laura Geller's baked colors. The colors are so rich and suitable for so many skin tones, I can never get enough of them. However, I am a tricky foundation match, and while I don't need a lot of coverage, I need enough to cover some freckles and dark circles. Other similar products didn't hold up for eight hours, so I was ready to be disappointed.

    Barely There Tinted Moisturizer promises an SPF of 20, light coverage and some moisture. I was really pleased when I tried it out (in the color Light). It covers nicely and looks really natural. It is a little shiny, but my Diamond Finishing Powder by Purely Cosmetics works beautifully with this tinted moisturizer. The best part? My made up face doesn't slide off, the way it did throughout the day with other tinted moisturizers.

    While this product claims to be a moisturizer, SPF and provide some coverage, I would not count on it to be your only source of SPF. I don't think you would wear enough of it to get the actual protection you are counting on, which only leads to needing more foundation coverage down the road.

    I love how this wears and looks throughout the day. This tinted moisturizer definitely gets high marks in my book!

    I dig it! Check it out.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.