Monday, June 1, 2009

Recession Proof Beauty: Maybelline Dream Mousse Foundation

    Always on the quest to find something to make me feel complete (and not happy with my current summer foundation situation), I decided to give Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse a whirl. I had heard great things about the Mousse Blushes and figured I should try it out. As a general rule, I don't really like liquid foundation as it always feels really heavy on my skin. Unless I am taking pictures or getting married, I don't want to deal with that. But since it is probably half air, how heavy could it be?

    Buying foundation (or really anything color related) bugs me at drugstores. I like to be able to touch, feel and see what the color looks like and I hate messy testers. Between those two gripes, I am usually out of options at my local drugstores. However, since the nice lady at Rite Aid promised me it's their policy to let me return it if it's wrong, I bought the lightest, cool color they had, Light Ivory.




    Here's the deal. If you are Rose McGowan light, there is a chance that none of their 16 colors will work for you. However, I am really fair and this color works for me, but if I were any paler, I don't think it would. A little goes a long way, which is great with my current budget-conscious mind set. The coverage is perfect. My sun damage and most freckles are gone, but I can still see my skin through the makeup, which makes me happy. The shade I purchased has serious yellow undertones, which work wonders on my ruddy bits. Plus, it doesn't feel heavy and helps my fine lines look less noticeable. I am also pleased with how well it wears throughout the day. I haven't had to touch up and more importantly, my blush isn't fading, which is an ongoing problem for me. Yeah!

    I love this. I bought this. You should check it out!