Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sevi Cosmetics - Pure, Honest, Friendly Eco Vegan Body Care


    I recently heard about Sevi on Facebook from a guy I can't believe would shop there. Facebook is sometimes weird that way. Anyway, perplexed and always up to discover some new treats, I headed over stat.

    Sevi is an eco vegan line of body care products - including cosmetics, face & body care products, soaps and perfumes. Sevi even carries specialty products for your pets that are also eco and vegan friendly.

    Sevi (the women behind the line) got started in the business when her dog's vet was unable to fix the skin problems her pooch couldn't lick. Neighbors discovered that her cures worked wonders for her dog and asked where they could get some of their own. The Sevi line was born.

    Fast forward to now, Sevi has a shop in Baltimore and fans of her cruelty-free products span the globe. I should admit right now, I am no authority on cruelty-free products. However, I do prefer to avoid animal testing whenever possible. Sevi 'splained that she avoids many ingredients some other companies use because of how the raw materials are processed and tested. Judging by all of the bottles and vials visible in her shop, she knows where every product comes from and she takes it very seriously.



    On my first visit, I had to pick up a Lip Juice Mineral Sheer Lipstick in Ripe Persimmon (a sheer copper) and a Chubby Highlighter in Tangerine. The lip sheer is indeed very sheer, and stays put for a decent amount of time. This lipstick also leaves your lips moisturized, which always makes me happy. The Chubby Stick Highlighter in Tangerine is a really subtle peachy-orange color, without being too orange. It looks like something I would wear if I was in a magazine spread that takes place somewhere in the desert at sunset. As if I don't find myself in that exact situation all of the time, I am now officially prepared.

    While us Baltimoreans are happy she's here, you don't have to miss out if you don't live in Baltimore. Check Sevi out online at sevicosmetics.com.

    Bonus fact: Sevi is all about samples.

    Love it! Check her out!

    Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews