Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hourglass Illusion Tinted Moisturizer

    I recently met a nice gal from Hourglass who asked me to test their tinted moisturizer, Illusion. Not that familiar with the brand, she told me it was the brain child of Carisa Janes, who has worked for lines such as Urban Decay and Fresh. Hourglass has some revolutionary products that blend skin care and cosmetics. Known for their Sonic Tan and Veil, they are a company to watch for cosmetic innovations.

    She sent me home with Illusion, their tinted moisturizer. I am all about finding the perfect tinted moisturizer in the hot and humid weather and, so far, I am coming up short. I am also currently obsessed with fighting the crows feet that are appearing around my eyes (among other things) so I'll try anything.

    Here is what she told me about Illusion. "It's the perfect alternative to liquid foundation, Illusion is an advanced SPF 15 tinted moisturizer formulated with INSTALIFT and Hyaluronic Acid to deliver a more radiant youthful complexion." According to their website, here is what that means:
    • A natural-based peptide, INSTALIFT® visibly lifts and tightens the skin within an hour of application
    • Intensely moisturizing Hyaluronic Filling Spheres help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while increasing skin’s hydration levels
    • Oil free, fragrance free, and paraben free
    • Ideal for normal and dry/dehydrated skin
    • Water Resistant
    As previously mentioned, I am not one who will willing drop $50 for a foundation. However, if a product can actually alter the appearance of my skin from a scientific standpoint, you have my attention. This line also boasts a lot of products that are waterproof. Honestly, I don't find myself in this situation that often. But if a waterproof foundation means it has staying power in the horrific summer humidity, I'm at least curious.

    Hourglass Illusion tinted moisturizer is worth checking out. My skin looks totally natural and un-made up, while looking flawless. The lines under my eyes are slightly less noticeable, which may be due to the INSTALIFT. It is slightly heavier than a traditional tinted moisturizer, but not as heavy as a regular liquid foundation. It wears beautifully and I have not needed to touch up. It is more than I would normally spend, but it's worth a second look.

    I like this (but I think you can do better for less). Check it out!

    Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews